- the right to sell their work using the Art Lending services
- the right to participate in the exhibition activities targeted at the members only, e.g. Gallery Rikhard and Gallery Arthur, media art exhibitions at Helsinki Central Library Oodi, Art goes Kapakka
- exhibitions, international exhibitions, and other project exhibitions, and pop-up exhibitions
- considerable discounts of the HAA exhibition rents and fees
- a 25% discount of art purchases at Art Lending and Art Lending @ HAA Gallery in Suomenlinna
- a 25 % discount of the courses organised by the Art School
- the right to offer teaching for the Art School
- member meetings and member communications
Additionally, our members are automatically also members of the Union of Finnish Art Associations and are thus entitled to discounts of e.g. art museum entrance fees and art supply prices.
All professional visual artists residing in Helsinki may apply to become members of the Helsinki Artists’ Association. Art students may apply as well provided that they have enough convincing evidence of active artistic activities. Membership can be applied for once a year, either during the spring or autumn application round. The application can be submitted either in Finnish or in English. New members are selected by the Helsinki Artists’ Association Board. We announce the beginning of a new membership application round on the front page of our website as well as in our social media channels.