Benefits and services for members
The Helsinki Artists’ Association (HAA) promotes the modes of operation and position of the visual arts domain with diverse education, project, and exhibition activities as well as with multidisciplinary collaboration. The Helsinki Artists’ Association is an association advancing the interests of its nearly 900 professional visual artist members based in Helsinki. Founded in 1967, HAA’s core activities include organising exhibitions and art lending services, international operations, and the course and education services in visual arts provided by the Art School.
Helsinki Artists’ Association values sustainability, communality, professionalism, diversity, glocality combining locality and internationality as well as creative craziness, and seeks to advance the availability and accessibility of the visual arts.
The HAA members’ professional and financial interests are supported with systematical operations and up-to-date communications. One key aim is to decrease the rents of gallery spaces, and members are offered affordable member prices. The members’ art is presented and sold extesively through the Art Lending services and exhibitions. Annually, member meetings and discussion sessions are organised in connection with other events, and members are informed about current activities with monthly bulletins.
Benefits for members
Helsinki Artists’ Association offers its members diverse services and considerable benefits:
- the right to sell their work using the Art Lending services
- the right to participate in the exhibition activities targeted at the members only, e.g. Gallery Rikhard and Gallery Arthur, media art exhibitions at Helsinki Central Library Oodi, Art goes Kapakka
- exhibitions, international exhibitions, and other project exhibitions, and pop-up exhibitions
- considerable discounts of the HAA exhibition rents and fees
- a 25% discount of art purchases at Art Lending and Art Lending @ HAA Gallery in Suomenlinna
- a 25 % discount of the courses organised by the Art School
- the right to offer teaching for the Art School
- member meetings and member communications
Additionally, our members are automatically also members of the Union of Finnish Art Associations and are thus entitled to discounts of e.g. art museum entrance fees and art supply prices.
All professional visual artists residing in Helsinki may apply to become members of the Helsinki Artists’ Association. Art students may apply as well provided that they have enough convincing evidence of active artistic activities. Membership can be applied for once a year, either during the spring or autumn application round. The application can be submitted either in Finnish or in English. New members are selected by the Helsinki Artists’ Association Board. We announce the beginning of a new membership application round on the front page of our website as well as in our social media channels.
Art Lending services for artists
Total price of the work | Monthly price
- 1–600 € | 20 € / month
- 601–1 200 € | 40 € / month
- 1 201–1 800 € | 60 € / month
- 1 801–2 400 € | 80 € / month
- 2 401–3 000 € | 100 € / month
- 3 001–3 600 € | 120 € / month
- 3 601–4 500 € | 150 € / month
- 4 501–5 400 € | 180 € / month
- 5 401–6 000 € | 200 € / month